now browsing by month
A commission probing violence in Myanmar’s Rakhine state on Wednesday denied security forces have carried out a genocidal campaign against the Rohingya, days after a video emerged showing police beating civilians from the Muslim minority.
Dozens have died in the crackdown, while escapees now in neighboring Bangladesh have claimed they suffered rape, arson, murder and torture at the hands of police or soldiers.
Myanmar’s government, led by Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, has said the allegations are invented and has resisted mounting international pressure to protect the minority.
A state-appointed commission set up to investigate the violence released its interim report on Wednesday, dismissing claims troops and police have embarked on a campaign to force the Rohingya out of the country.
Its interim findings come days after the government detained multiple police officers over a video showing policemen beating and kicking Rohingya villagers.
The footage, shot by one of officers, has sparked outrage and undermined the government’s blanket denials that soldiers and police have carried out rights abuses.
The size of the “Bengali” population, mosques and religious buildings in the unrest-hit area “are proof that there were no cases of genocide and religious persecution,” it said in a statement carried in state media.
Myanmar refuses to recognize the Rohingya as one of the country’s ethnic minorities, instead describing them as Bengalis — or illegal immigrants from neighboring Bangladesh — even though many have lived in Myanmar for generations.
The commission also found “insufficient evidence” of rape but added it was still looking into claims security forces committed arson, illegal arrests and torture of the Rohingya.
Meanwhile, a top Malaysian counter-terrorism official said that Myanmar is facing a growing danger of attacks by foreign supporters of Daesh recruited from Southeast Asian networks in support of Rohingya.
Malaysian authorities have detained a suspected Daesh follower planning to head to Myanmar to carry out attacks, the head of the Malaysian police counter-terrorism division, Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay, said in an interview.
The suspect, an Indonesian whom he did not identify, was detained in Malaysia last month. The suspect was scheduled to be charged on Wednesday for possession of materials linked to terrorist groups, which carries a seven-year jail term or fine, Ayob Khan said.
More militants are likely to try to follow his lead in support of the Rohingya cause, Ayob Khan said.
“He was planning to perform jihad in Myanmar, fighting against the Myanmar government for this Rohingya group in Rakhine State,” Ayob Khan said.
အစၥလာမ္မစ္ႏိုင္ငံမ်ားအဖြဲ႔အစည္း OIC ရဲ႕ႏိုင္ငံျခားေရး၀န္ႀကီးမ်ားက ဇန္န၀ါရီလ ၁၉ရက္ေန႔မွာ ကြာလာလမ္ပူၿမိဳ႕မွာေတြ႔ဆံုၿပီး ၿပီးခဲ့တဲ့ေအာက္တိုဘာလကတည္းက စစ္တပ္ရဲ႕အၾကမ္းဖက္မႈကိုခံစားေနရတဲ့ ရခိုင္ျပည္နယ္က ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာအေရးကိုအေျဖရွာေဆြးေႏြးဖို႔ရွိေနပါတယ္။ အဲဒီအေတာအတြင္း ျမန္မာဟာ အေျခအေနကိုခ်င့္တြက္ဖို႔ အထူးသံတမန္ကိုေစလႊတ္ဖို႔ကမ္းလွမ္းထားပါတယ္။
လူသားခ်င္းစာနာေထာက္ထားမႈဆိုင္ရာနဲ႔ အေျခခံလူ႔အခြင့္အေရးေတြေတာင္းဆုိၿပီး လူနည္းစုအဖြဲ႔အစည္းေတြဂုဏ္သိကၡာရွိစြာ လံုၿခံဳမႈဳျပန္ရရွိႏိုင္ဖို႔ ဖိအားေပးေတာင္းဆိုဖို႔ ၀န္ႀကီးေတြကေမွ်ာ္လင့္ထားပါတယ္။
OIC အဖြဲ႔ေတြဟာ ဂ်နီဗာနဲ႔ ဘရက္ဆဲလ္ၿမိဳ႕မွာ ၿပီးခဲ့တဲ့ဒီဇင္ဘာက အေရးေပၚအစည္းအေ၀းပြဲေတြ ျပဳလုပ္ခဲ့ၿပီး ႏိုင္ငံတကာအဖြဲ႔အစည္းေတြနဲ႔ စီစဥ္ေဆာင္ရြက္မႈေတြဆက္လက္လုပ္ေဆာင္ခဲ့ပါတယ္။ အထူးသျဖင့္ကုလသမဂၢနဲ႔ ဥေရာပသမဂၢ တို႔နဲ႔ ျမန္မာလံုၿခံဳေရးတပ္ဖြဲ႔ေတြလက္ထဲမွာ အသတ္ခံ အဓမၼျပဳခံရ ႏွိပ္စက္ခံေနရတဲ့ ေၾကာက္စရာေကာင္းတဲ့အေျခအေနေတြေၾကာင့္ ဘဂၤလားေဒ့ရွ္ကိုထြက္ေျပးလာၾကတဲ့ ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာ ၅ေသာင္းအေရးကုိ သက္သာရာရေစဖို႔လိုအပ္တဲ့ပူးေပါင္းေဆာင္ရြက္မႈေတြ လုပ္ခဲ့ၾကပါတယ္။
စြပ္စြဲခ်က္အားလံုးကုိ ျမန္မာအစိုးရကျငင္းပယ္ခဲ့ၿပီး ႏိုင္ငံတကာဂ်ာနယ္လစ္ေတြနဲ႔ လြတ္လပ္တဲ့စံုစမ္းစစ္ေဆးမႈေတြကို ျပည္နယ္ထဲ၀င္ေရာက္ခြင့္ပိတ္ပင္ခဲ့ပါတယ္။ Cox’s Bazar ရဲ႕ဒုကၡသည္ စခန္းႏွစ္ခုမွာ စာရင္းေပးထားတဲ့ ၃၂၀၀၀ခန္႔နဲ႔ ဘဂၤလားျပည္နယ္ထဲမွာတရားမ၀င္ေနထိုင္ေနတာ သံုးသိန္းခန္႔ရွိပါတယ္။
ျမန္မာအတိုင္ပင္ခံပုဂိၢဳလ္ေဒၚေအာင္ဆန္းစုၾကည္က သံတမန္ေစလႊတ္ဖို႔ရွိေနပါတယ္။ ဒါဟာ ၀န္ႀကီးခ်ဳပ္ Sheikh Hasina ဆြစ္ဇာလန္ကို ဇန္န၀ါရီ ၁၆-၂၀ မွာလည္ပတ္ၿပီး ျပန္လာၿပီးခ်ိန္ေလာက္မွာျဖစ္မယ္လို႔ ႏိုင္ငံေရးအသိုင္းအ၀န္းကေန သတင္းရရွိပါတယ္။
ဒီဇင္ဘာ၂၉ရက္ေန႔ကလည္း ႏိုင္ငံျခားေရး၀န္ႀကီးဌာနက ဒါးကၿမိဳ႕ကျမန္မာသံအမတ္ဦးမ်ဳိးျမင့္သန္းကို ဆင့္ေခၚခဲ့ပါတယ္။ ဘဂၤလားေဒ့ရွ္ဟာ ျမန္မာနဲ႔ ျဖစ္ႏိုင္ဖြယ္ရွိတဲ့အေျခအေနေတြ အစီအစဥ္ေတြကို ေဆြးေႏြးေျပာဆိုဖို႔ အဆင့္သင့္ရွိေနတယ္လို႔ ၀န္ႀကီးဌာနပိုင္းကဆိုပါတယ္။
Source : The Daily Star
ဘာသာျပန္ : ေညာင္နီရြက္
Credit : www.myanmarmuslim.net
ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာအေရးေပၚမွာ ထက္သန္တဲ့သံတမန္ခင္းကို အင္ဒိုနီးရွားႏိုင္ငံကလုပ္ေဆာင္သြားမယ္လို႔ ႏိုင္ငံျခားေရး၀န္ႀကီးဆို
ႏိုင္ငံျခားေရး၀န္ႀကီး Retno LP Marsudi က အင္ဒိုနီးရွားအစိုးရဟာ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံရခိုင္ျပည္နယ္က ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာမြတ္စလင္ေတြကိုသက္ေရာက္မႈျဖစ္ေစတဲ့ အေရးအခင္းေတြကိုကူညီေျဖရွင္းဖို႔ ထက္သန္တဲ့သံခင္းတမန္ခင္းကို လုပ္ေဆာင္သြားမယ္လို႔ေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“ႏွစ္ႏိုင္ငံနယ္စပ္ၾကားက အေရးအခင္းေတြေၾကာင့္ဆိုးရြားမႈေတြပိုမိုျဖစ္ေပၚလာတဲ့ဆက္ဆံေရးေၾကာင့္ သံတမန္ခင္းႀကိဳးပမ္းအားထုတ္မႈနဲ႔ အင္ဒိုနီးရွားဟာ ျမန္မာနဲ႔ဘဂၤလားေဒ့ရွ္ အဖြ႔ဲအစည္းေတြၾကားတံတားတစ္ခု ႀကိဳးပမ္းသြားမယ္”လို႔ Retno ကဆိုပါတယ္။
“ကမၻာ့ၿငိမ္းခ်မ္းေရးမွာပါ၀င္ဖို႔ လြတ္လပ္ၿပီးႏိုးၾကြမႈရွိတဲ့ ႏိုင္ငံျခားေရးေပၚလစီကို အေကာင္အထည္ေဖာ္လုပ္ေဆာင္သြားဖုိ႔က အင္ဒိုနီးရွားရဲ႕ပန္းတိုင္တစ္ခုပဲ”လို႔ သူကဆက္လက္ေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“ကၽြန္မတို႔ရဲ႕သံတမန္ခင္းကိုဂရုတစိုက္လုပ္ေဆာင္သြားမွာပါ ဒါမွသာ၀ရုန္းသုန္းကားအေျခအေနမျဖစ္မွာပါ အေၾကာင္းကရိုဟင္ဂ်ာအေရးဟာ ထိခိုက္မခံႏိုင္တဲ့အေျခအေနျဖစ္ေနတာေၾကာင့္ပါ။ ႏိုင္ငံရဲ႕အခ်ဳပ္အျခာအာဏာကိုလည္း ေလးစားရမယ္ေလ” လို႔ Rento ကေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“အေရးအခင္းမွာဘာသာေရးသေဘာထားပါ၀င္ေနတာေၾကာင့္ ရခိုင္ျပည္နယ္ကအေျခအေနေတြကို ပံုမွန္အတိုင္းေျဖရွင္းဖို႔ အဲဒီေလာက္လြယ္ကူမွာမဟုတ္ဘူး”လို႔ သူမက၀န္ခံေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“လူသားခ်င္းဆိုင္ရာအေရးအခင္းေတြကုိေျဖရွင္းတဲ့ေနရာမွာ တက္ၾကြစြာပါ၀င္ဖို႔ အင္ဒိုနီးရွားကဘာသာေရးေခါင္းေဆာင္ေတြဆီက အႀကံဥာဏ္ရယူဖို႔ေႏွာင့္ေႏွးေနမွာ မဟုတ္ဘူး”လို႔ သူကဆက္လက္ေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“ဘာသာေရးေခါင္းေဆာင္ေတြနဲ႔ အစၥလာမစ္အဖြဲ႔အစည္းေတြနဲ႔ဆက္သြယ္ၿပီး ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာမြတ္စလင္ေတြရဲ႕ျပသနာေတြကို ဘယ္လိုအေကာင္းဆံုးကူညီႏိုင္မလဲဆိုတာကို အႀကံဥာဏ္ေတာင္းသြားမယ္”လို႔ သူကဆိုပါတယ္။
“သမၼတ Joko Jokowi Widodo ကသူမကို ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံကအတိုင္ပင္ခံပုဂၢဳိလ္ ေဒၚေအာင္ဆန္းစုၾကည္နဲ႔ေတြ႕ဆံုဖို႔ ညႊန္ၾကားခဲ့တယ္”လို႔ Rento ကေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
“ကၽြန္မတို႔ ရခိုင္ျပသနာေတြကို သီးသန္႔ေဆြးေႏြးစကားေျပာခဲ့ပါတယ္။ ရခိုင္ျပည္နယ္ကအေျခအေနေတြကို ခ်က္ခ်င္းကိုင္တြယ္ဖို႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရနဲ႔အာဆီယံဟာ အေရးပါတဲ့သေဘာတူညီမႈရရွိခဲ့တယ္”လို႔ ေျပာၾကားခဲ့ပါတယ္။
Source : The Jakarta Post
ဘာသာျပန္ : ေညာင္နီရြက္
The UN has warned authorities that plans to demolish hundreds of homes belonging to ethnic minority Rohingya Muslims will “heighten tensions” in Myanmar’s Rakhine state, where the military is accused of abusing civilians during counterinsurgency operations.
The warning came in a 28 December letter, obtained by IRIN and addressed to Rakhine State Chief Minister Nyi Pu. It said that more than 100 structures have already been destroyed, and the UN has “received reports that the Border Guard Police have served orders to demolish 819 buildings owned by Muslims, including 696 houses.”
The UN is also concerned about a “household survey” underway in areas where tens of thousands of Rohingya have fled military operations, according to the letter. The survey could mean that the displaced are struck from the official list of residents, leaving them unable to legally return home once the violence stops.
UN officials have confirmed the authenticity of the letter, which was signed by the UN’s senior advisor on Rakhine State, Chris Carter.
In the letter, Carter called the demolitions and the survey “provocative”.
The demolitions and survey are taking place in northern Rakhine State, where the military has been conducting “clearing operations” after a Rohingya insurgent group attacked border police posts on 9 October. Rohingya who fled over the border into Bangladesh have told journalists and rights groups that soldiers have committed widespread atrocities, including burning houses, as well as raping and killing civilians.
SEE: Myanmar says Rohingya rape and abuse allegations “made up”, despite mounting evidence
Demolitions are not unusual in Myanmar, where laws require the destruction of structures built without permits. But there is confusion among government officials as to why the survey and demolitions are taking place now, while the military is clashing with insurgents and about 80,000 civilians have been displaced.
“We already told them to hold their plan in this very sensitive situation,” said Zaw Htay, a spokesman for the office of President Htin Kyaw, referring to orders given to state officials. “The central government has already intervened.”
A UN official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told IRIN the UN has received similar assurances from the central government, but structures are still being destroyed.
“We are still trying to determine whether the ongoing demolitions are just actions by rogue local officials… or a more calculated move by others,” the official said.
Tin Maung Shwe, the deputy director for Rakhine State at the central government’s powerful General Administration Department, told IRIN there has been “a misunderstanding at the grassroots level”.
Ten humanitarian stories to look out for in 2017
“We are making inquiries,” he added.
Rohingya Muslims comprise about a third of Rakhine State’s population of just over three million, where the majority are ethnic Rakhine Buddhists. There have long been tensions between the communities, and violence in 2012 killed hundreds of people and displaced about 140,000. Almost all the victims were Rohingya, and about 100,000 still remain in camps.
Almost all Rohingya are stateless, having had their citizenship stripped by Myanmar’s former military rulers. Although Rohingya have lived in the area for hundreds of years, many in Myanmar consider them illegal immigrants from neighbouring Bangladesh. They are forced to live under an apartheid system in which their movements are strictly controlled.
Rakhine State conducts the household survey on a yearly basis for the purpose of monitoring the Rohingya community. Only those on the “household lists” produced by this exercise are eligible to reside in their homes.
“It usually takes place in January in northern Rakhine, but began in November this year,” said the UN official. “It’s not happening elsewhere in Rakhine at this time, only in the three northern townships.”
The three northern townships of Rathedaung, Buthidaung and Maungdaw have been highly militarised since 9 October. The townships are home to most of the state’s Rohingya – and all of those displaced by the counter-insurgency operations. That means tens of thousands of people who have fled their villages could be made permanently homeless, since they can’t take part in the survey.
The decision to conduct a household survey now and destroy homes will have the effect of “heightening a state-led campaign of atrocity crimes and ethnic cleansing,” said Matthew Smith, executive director of Fortify Rights, a group that has recently collected testimonies from Rohingya of atrocities committed by soldiers.
“If they aren’t on the list, they will have no choice but to flee to Bangladesh,” he told IRIN. “Giving people no option but to flee the country can be considered forced deportation.”
The UN has similar concerns. The letter refers to reports that the “names of missing people identified by the new household survey are being permanently struck from the household lists.”
More than 50,000 Rohingya have fled into neighbouring Bangladesh in the past three months, according to the government there, while the UN has said another 30,000 people are internally displaced.
As many as half a million Rohingya are already living in overcrowded camps Bangladesh, having crossed the border during attacks against their communities since the 1970s.
Source ; https://www.irinnews.org/news/2017/01/02/exclusive-un-warns-myanmar-demolishing-rohingya-homes-will-%E2%80%98heighten-tensions%E2%80%99
A Rohingya Muslim woman and her son cry at the Bangladeshi border with Myanmar. A video posted online Sunday showed Myanmar police officers beating Rohingya Muslim villagers.
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation has scheduled an emergency meeting with foreign ministers following the disclosure Sunday of a video posted online of Myanmar police officers beating Rohingya Muslim villagers.
Myanmar news outlets broadcast the video and it went viral on social media. It depicted several police officers beating and kicking two villagers who were among dozens of Rohingya Muslims being questioned during a military sweep of the region.
The video is rare documentation of abuses by the Myanmar government against Rohingya Muslims in a region virtually closed to non-governmental organizations and aid workers.
Maha Akeel, spokeswoman for the Jeddah-based OIC, told Arab News that the OIC has been “following up closely the situation in Myanmar with the Rohingya villagers for a few months now, and all the attacks, abuses, beatings and burning of their villages.”
“The OIC will hold an emergency meeting at the level of foreign ministers on Jan. 19 in Malaysia to discuss the dangerous violations committed against the Rohingya Muslims,” Akeel said, “and to make a decision to (bring) an end to this humanitarian crisis and take practical steps in terms of humanitarian aid to find a political resolution to grant this persecuted group their full rights.”
The beatings occurred during a crackdown by Myanmar army on Nov. 5 that sent Rohingya Muslims, number about 34,000, fleeing into Bangladesh, according to the United Nations. The operations have led to allegations of abuses, summary executions and rape of villagers. The government of Aung San Suu Kyi has denied the allegations.
However, Suu Kyi’s office confirmed the authenticity of the footage and noted that it recorded by a police officer during a clearance operation in northern Rakhine State.
“Action will be taken against police who allegedly beat villagers,” Suu Kyi’s office said in a statement.
Four policemen have been identified by name, including the leader of the operation. “Further investigations are being carried out to expose other police officers who beat villagers,” the statement said.
The violence in Rakhine State has renewed international criticism that Nobel Peace Prize winner Suu Kyi has done too little to help members of the Muslim minority, who are denied citizenship in predominantly Buddhist Myanmar.
Source ; http://www.arabnews.com/node/1033101#.WGrsSQAjBuV.facebook
ရခိုုင္ျပည္နယ္ အတြင္းသိုု႔ လူသားခ်င္း စာနာမႈဆိုုင္ရာ အကူအညီမ်ား ေပးအပ္မည့္ သေဘၤာျမန္မာ့ေရပိုုင္နက္အတြင္း ၀င္ေရာက္လာပါက ယင္းသေဘၤာပါ လူအားလံုုးကိုု သတ္ျဖတ္ပစ္သင့္ေၾကာင္း ရေသ့ေတာင္ၿမိဳ႕နယ္ ျပည္သူ႔လႊတ္ေတာ္ ကိုုယ္စားလွယ္ ကေျပာၾကားေၾကာင္း Tomorrow ဂ်ာနယ္က ေဖၚျပလုုိက္သည္။
“ကြ်န္ေတာ့အျမင္ကိုု ေျပာရမယ္ဆိုုရင္ အစိုုးရအေနနဲ႔ လုုပ္စရာက ျပည္ေထာင္စုုအစိုုးရနဲ႔ ညိွႏိႈင္းေဆာင္ရြက္မႈ မရွိဘဲ ေရျပင္ကိုု ဒီလုုိ၀င္လာမယ္ဆိုုရင္ ကြ်န္ေတာ့အေနနဲ႔ဆိုုရင္ ၀င္လာတဲ့သူ အားလံုုးကိုု ပစ္သတ္လုုိက္မွာပါ”ဟုု ရေသ့ေတာင္ၿမိဳ႕နယ္ ျပည္သူ႔လြတ္ေတာ္ကိုုယ္စားလွယ္ ဦးဦးသန္းႏိုုင္က ေျပာေၾကာင္း အထက္ပါ သတင္းရင္းျမစ္က ေဖၚျပသည္။
ျပည္သူ႔လြတ္ေတာ္၏ ထုုတ္ျပန္ခ်က္မ်ားတြင္ ရေသ့ေတာင္ၿမိဳ႕နယ္ ျပည္သူ႔လႊတ္ေတာ္ကိုုယ္စားလွယ္မွာ ေဒၚခင္ေစာေ၀ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္းေဖၚျပထားေသာ္လည္း Tomorrow ဂ်ာနယ္ကမႈ ဦးဦးသန္းႏိုုင္ဆိုုသူသည္ ရခိုုင္ျပည္နယ္ ရေသ့ေတာင္ၿမိဳ႕နယ္ ျပည္သူ႔လႊတ္ေတာ္ ကိုုယ္စားလွယ္ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း ေဖၚျပထားသည္။
မေလးရွားႏုိင္ငံ အစၥလမ္ဘာသာဝင္ အဖြဲ႔မ်ားဆုိင္ရာ အတုိင္ပင္ခံေကာင္စီ- Malaysian Consultative Council of Islamic Organizations (MCCIO)
ရခုိင္ျပည္နယ္ကုိ ေစလြတ္မည့္ အေရးေပၚေထာက္ပံ့ေရး သေဘၤာအုပ္စု ျမန္မာျပည္ဝင္ခြင့္ရရန္ ကြာလာလမ္ပူၿမိဳ႕ရွိ ျမန္မာသံရံုုးထံ ဒီဇင္ဘာ ၃၀ ရက္ေန႔က ေလွ်ာက္ထားၿပီးျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း အဖြဲ႔အတြင္းေရးမွဴးခ်ဳပ္ ေဇႏိုုလ္က ေျပာၾကားထားသည္။
ေထာက္ပံ့ေရးသေဘာၤတြင္ သေဘၤာေတြနဲ႔အတူ မေလးရွား ဝန္ႀကီးေဟာင္းမ်ား၊ ေဆးဝန္ထမ္းမ်ား၊ ေလ့လာသူမ်ားႏွင့္ မီဒီယာအဖြဲ႔မ်ား လုိက္ပါလာမည္ျဖစ္သည္။
Source : Myanmar Muslim Media